Coppell TV Repair LLC a replacement YSUS board 6871QYH048B or 6871QYH948B as shown on the picture and used in LG 42PC3D-UD 42'' plasma TV.
The ultimatee way to know that your Y sustain board 6871QYH048B is defective is to find one of the two ceramic fuses located next to the power connector blown open.
Most of the time this would be the inside fuse FS2 and the way to tell it is bad is to test it with an ohm-metter or other simple continuity testing device. OEM fuses are white and ceramic and one can't tell when they fail.
Do not waste time replacing the fuse on your own - it is a collateral damage of the actual failure on the sustain board and replacing it is NOT going to bring the YSUS back to life.
Note that the board may be bad and there may NOT be a blown fuse - the failure may be different from the most common one or it may still be the most common one, but in your particular case the power supply board may have acted faster than the fuse (happens sometimes) and may have shut down the power supply board before the fuse managed to blow.
The board fails in 3 common ways:
- TV would start with sound, but without an image; after 10-15 minutes of working the large heat sink on this board would usually be same room temperature as opposed to warm as it should be. Beware, however, as sometimes it may be warm and the IC may still be bad - rarely, but we've seen that too.
- The display of the TV would flash about once every second; there will be a ticking sound coming from the YSUS with the same frequency. It is not too loud, but definitely audible if you listen carefully.
- The TV may refuse to start, i.e. try to start up and shut off, unless the YSUS board is disconnected. That is a fairly reliable indication of a YSUS failure too.
HOW DOES IT WORK
You are purchasing a functional module that is same or 100% compatible with the one advertised in the subject of this listing.
Upon receiving and installing the module in your set you have the option to return your old malfunctioning dud and receive credit towards the purchase price shown here, subject to the below listed conditions.
The board you will receive can be brand new, used or, most commonly, a board serviced by us, Coppell TV Repair LLC.
Unless it is brand new (which is rare for the modules we offer as we specialize in servicing hard to find or expensive TV boards) it is guaranteed the board will be tested by our staff and there will be a label on it attesting to it.
Before placing an order please ensure that this is indeed the board in your set by comparing the number on it.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated elsewhere in the listing the boards we sell come with a standard 90 days warranty.
Customer is responsible for return shipping and Coppell TV Repair LLC is responsible for shipping back to customer. Returned boards subject to exchange, service or refund, subject to availability and agreement by Coppell TV Repair LLC and customer.
Returned boards must carry the Coppell TV Repair LLC identification stamp or label and must not have been damaged, modified or otherwise tampered with in order for warranty coverage to remain in force.
Boards returned with request for refund / order cancellation will be subject to restocking fee covering forward shipping cost, transaction cost and $10 fee for the board testing needed prior to slating it for sale again.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RECEIVING CREDIT FOR YOUR OLD MODULE
Upon receiving and installing the purchased module you can return your old one to receive the advertised credit.
The credit will normally be issued as a partial refund towards your original payment; when this is impossible or inapplicable we may use other forms of payment such as PayPal or check.
It takes 2-3 business days after the delivery of your board to us for it to be processed and the refund issued.
In order to receive the full advertised credit the returned dud must meet all of the following conditions:
1) It must be sent back within 14 calendar days of the delivery of the module you purchased from us, both per carriers' records. Make sure you keep your tracking number, you may need it!
2) The board must arrive in good physical condition allowing subsequent electrical repair and reuse of the board. Sometimes when components fail and burn they also leave burn marks on the board. Most of the time such traces are not affecting the ability to restore the board's functionality, but in some extreme cases this may be a problem.
3) The board must not have missing or replaced components or have otherwise been tampered with.
Exceptions vary from all 3 listed conditions, but we reserve the right to be the judge on whether your board qualifies for an exception.
If a board arrives that does not meet the above conditions and we do not consider it appropriate for extension we will contact you and offer you to get it back for the sole cost of the return shipping and/or offer you a trade-in price we consider reflecting its condition.
The returned module must arrive in good physical condition and without previous traces of repairs or tampering in order to qualify for the full advertised credit.
Modules that do not meet those criteria will be subjected to partial refund or no refund at all (depending on their condition and trade-in value).